In Pain? We Can Help!
· All patient portions (co-pay and deductible) are subject to the patients agreement with their specific insurance company and/or plan.
· We bill insurance as a benefit to our patients, we may not receive payment or EOB (explanation of benefits) after a patient visit for 3-6 months.
· All patient portions are due at the time of service.
· We do not intercede or resolve issues of coverage or patient portion between insurance companies and their insured.
· As there are numerous plans for each Group Insurance, we do not know your specific coverage or patient portions.
· We are not notified of changes in insurance coverage or specific payout from an insurance provider.
· For your specific coverage please see your insurance benefits and/or speak with your insurance representative.
After an auto accident most people say they felt a bit shaken up but thought they were fine. It is very common to experience neck pain, headache, back pain, and arm/leg pain within a few weeks of an accident. It may take weeks for inflammation to grow within the joints and tissues which leads to increased tightness, aching and pain. It is always best to be evaluated even if you believe you are fine.
-No referral is needed from your medical provider to receive chiropractic care. Chiropractors are primary providers in Oregon and therefore can write a prescription for care.
-Is your claim still active?
-Will my insurance go up if I use my medical benefits? Using medical benefits does not raise your coverage, once a claim is filed then the benefits are available. In Oregon the minimum coverage for Personal Injury Protection is $15k. Essentially, this is exactly why we pay for insurance.
Call today to speak to our insurance specialist, they can speak to you about your specific claim.
Work injuries happen to the best of people. Many times a worker doesn't want to turn in their injury as a claim because they are afraid their employer will be upset with them. The fact is, employers would rather know that something happened and are concerned about their worker's well being. Hiding an injury or trying to minimize only compounds the problem and can lead to other employees getting injured in the same way.
No referral needed unless a worker has signed three - 827 forms (change of provider).
We do accept some out of state claims but will need to review the claim, benefits and claim status before we make an appointment.
Call today to speak to our claims specialist. They can call your clams adjustor to find out the current status of your claim and review the information with you.